--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The point, if it matters, of the larger post was that if people choose
> to use the terms enlightenment or awakening, they could improve their
> communications by offering up a definition for how they mean it  -- or
> outline the experience(s) they believe comprise such. Else A & E are
> simple empty labels, platitudes, bantered about.

My point was simply that "defining" what one means
by enlightenment is nice to think about, but basically
illusory, because enlightenment cannot be defined in
words.  You can talk *around* it, but you can't actually
describe it.  Maybe some people have gotten tired of
decades of dogma spouted by people who admit the above,
but then try to define it anyway...

Unc