That sounds like a question for Craig.  Does he answer emails from his former
Project Write students?

--- On Wed, 10/29/08, shempmcgurk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: shempmcgurk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Does going to MUM make sense?
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 2:21 PM

--- In FairfieldLife@ yahoogroups. com, Jonathan Chadwick
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] .> wrote:

> Setting up contacts of psychological/ psychiatric support nearby off
campus, independent of the institution, would be a good idea (say, an
M.D. who is at least sympathetic to MUM but who can provide
intervention if required).  The student body is somewhat fractalized -
e.g. large groups of international students who tend to go it on
their own - so he will have to find his own way to fit in.

Question:

I noticed on another post on this thread that someone mentioned that
students are "encouraged" to learn TM at MUM.

Wow.

That's a surprise for me (I'm alumnus from '79). I thought virtually
EVERYONE at MIU did TM regularly... and now I'm learning that some
people there aren't even initiated?

Am I understanding that correctly?

>  The upside is that MUM is a positive campus compared to the swamps
of debauchery that most colleges have to offer as freshman dorms:
http://chronicle. com/news/ article/5205/ u-of-iowa- fires-2-vice-
presidents-over- handling- of-rape-accusati ons.  ". . . There are so
many good healthy diverse college environments in the US - why waste
time on [a] . . . campus in the middle of nowhere?"

40yahoogroups. com, "Rick Archer" rick@ wrote:

> He should come, with his parents, for a visitor's weekend. Then
> see how he and they feel. He should also be open with campus
administrators about his psychological problems. Perhaps bring a
letter from his shrink, or have the latter talk to someone sensible
at the university.

> Rick,
>
> In your estimation, when he comes for visitor's weekend, should he
> be packing heat?
>
> Some kids really thrive at MUM. Some don't. If he were to visit,
> with his parents, he and they might get a feeling whether it would
be right for him. It would also depends on what subjects interest
him.

> MUM has an innovative environmental studies program, and a monopoly
on SCI, but is probably weaker than other colleges in many other
subjects.

> *******
>
> MIU used to have a boatload of majors, but they dumped many of
them.
> In the current list, I regard the lit major as the only likely weak
> spot:
>
> http://www.mum. edu/programs/
>
> Bachelor's Degrees
>
> Art and Design (B.F.A.)
> Business (B.A.)
> Communications and Media (B.A.)
> Computer Science (B.S.)
> Elementary Education (B.A.)
> Secondary Education (B.A.)
> Literature (B.A.)
> Literature with Emphasis in Writing (B.A.)
> Maharishi Vedic Science (B.A.)
> Mathematical Sciences (B.S.)
> Mathematics (B.S.)
> Physiology and Health (B.A.)
> Physiology and Health (B.S.) — Pre-Med Program
> Sustainable Living (B.S.)
> Minors
> A minor can be taken in any undergraduate major and also in the
> following fields of study:
>
> Maharishi Gandharva Veda music
> Physics
> World Peace
> Dance
> Messages in this topic (12) Reply (via web post) | Start a new
topic
> Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members |
Calendar
> To subscribe, send a message to:
> FairfieldLife- subscribe@ yahoogroups. com
>
> Or go to: