--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "I am the eternal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 1:58 PM, gullible fool <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > That's a surprise for me (I'm alumnus from '79). I thought virtually
> > EVERYONE at MIU did TM regularly... and now I'm learning that some
> > people there aren't even initiated?
> >
> > Am I understanding that correctly?
> >
> > Some students come to MUM for a chance for an education in the US and have
> > not yet
had the opportunity to learn TM. I once met someone in Annapurna who was from
an
African country and had not yet learned. That was in the 90s, so it's been
going on for a
while.

> > "Love will swallow you, eat you up completely, until there is no `you,'
> > only love."
> >
> > - Amma
> >

> I met some new students from India and Africa at a welcoming party in
> August.  Most of the new students had not yet learned TM.  It's
> expected that you'll eventually learn TM.

Hence the enlightenment reportcard to try to catch people who aren't actualy
doing
TM but only saying they are. If you think TM induces measurable changes outside
of the meditation period, then you believe the system works. If you think TM
has no real effect on the physiology of meditators, then you assume that people
will be able to game the system. Its only those who think that TM's effects are
BAD
but real, who should have a problem with this. AFterall, the students are at MUM
ostensively because they've agreed to learn and practice TM while at MUM and the
folks paying for their scholarships assume that they are telling the truth.

Lawson