I meant to comment on this post when it first appeared but I was
unable to as I was over that week (or banned for overposting, can't
remember which).

I was a student at MIU when Nova ran this show.  MIU faculty taped
the show and then showed it to us in the Learning Center (that big,
round building, I think).

What struck me was something that no one else seemed to notice -- not
faculty, not students -- was that the TM SUBJECTS THAT WERE BEING
STUDIED WERE INSTRUCTED TO BE SUPINE, that is half-vertical, when
they hooked them up to the monitoring devices.

Well, I don't know about anyone else but those aren't the
instructions for TM; TM is done in the sitting up position and if
they were studying the effects of TM on people practising TM in that
position, they weren't researching TM but something else.

No wonder they got different results.

Anyway, I tried to point that out but no one thought it very
important.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "I am the eternal"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Many a year ago the US Public Broadcasting System's Nova ran a show
on TM.
> Jerry Jarvis was the head then.  The producer of Nova was skeptical
of the
> brainwave coherence measurements the TMO was taking so he asked to
have his
> coherence measured.  He did as well as our sidhas.  Candice
Borland, Ph.D.
> psychology, University of Texas said on a residence course that of
course
> the Nova producer's brain waves would be coherent.  What would you
expect
> from someone obviously highly evolved enough to be the producer of
Nova.

> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 11:06 AM, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 17, 2008, at 11:46 AM, off_world_beings wrote:
> >
> > The primary difference between controls and experimental group
for the
> > Buddhist meditators was found in gamma EEG synchrony and power.
Gamma waves
> > are normally interpreted as a sign of concentration.
> >

> > Incorrect. High-Amplitude Gamma Waves are a sign
of "consciousness" and