--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 My
> notes say: (translated from german): 'The quality of the stress
> determines the quality of thought.'
>
> Then it gives the example I just had given, of the joy causing a
> stress in the past, and how the mind picks up the feeling and
> associates it with the coming of a friend. Whatever it associates it
> with is not important, obviously, it's arbitrary.
>
> My course was in July 1977, Avoriaz.

I was at the same Avoriaz course and I remember it as you state here.
Do you remember a German guy named Norbert from that course?  It's
the only German name I remember from the course, although I do
remember spending an evening with several Germans who were telling me
that Hitler (as this is not an "argument" I hope this won't degrade
my story) was very spiritual in the beginning - People coming up to
him and giving him flowers, etc.  They were very forceful in there
arguments, but it was too much for me to buy.

> TM (like scientology) assumes that the stresses are located
> physically. Thats not the same with the samskara theory.

In Scientology, the "stresses" (engrams) are not located physically.
When one "dramatizes" the earlier event, one will reexperience the
physical pain associated with it.  Got your head chopped in the
French Revolution (like my dear wife)?  Dramatization of extreme neck
discomfort until that incident is "run out."

Jeff