<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , "shempmcgurk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:

> > shempmcgurk wrote:
> > > ...$41.79 a barrel as of this posting:
> > >
> > > http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/commodities/energyprices.html
<http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/commodities/energyprices.html>

> > > This is the upside of the whole bailout/economic meltdown
> phenomenon.
> > >
> > > We might as well put our attention on something positive.
> > Why do you think the lowering gas price has anything to do with the
> > bailout?
> >

> If the bailout/economic meltdown results in lost jobs and a lowering
of
> consumers' economic status (i.e., less money available for gasoline),
> then oil price falls because of lessening demand.>

Incorrect. Again !
Oil prices did not fall. They rose beyond rational comprehension. Now
,that irrational rise has been normalised.

I guess you won't be shouting for drilling in Alaska and offshore now
that the cost of such adventures FAR outweighs any possible profit or
demand. The point is, there never was too little oil as you Neocons were
shouting in your ignorant knee-jerk reactions. There were two effects:
China was hoarding unprecedented amounts of oil in the months running up
to the Olympics, and rogue trading was exacerbating the price rise.

OffWorld