When Maharishi introduced the theme of
invincibility to MIU in 1977, Larry Domash
started looking for physical examples of
how invincibility works - or is compromised.
For example, Domash pointed out that a
pinprick of a hole in a ship's hull could
generate a crack along the length of the
hull. Hence the need for invincibility,
for without it, all of us are subject to
such cracks in our lives. (Another example
that comes to mind, one much closer to
home, is when a pit in a windshield expands
to become a crack that spans the windshield.)

That rumination of Domash's is what I think
of as I read your description of being thrown
off balance by petty stuff.