--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj wrote:

> So maybe a better word for "invincibility" would be
> "imperturbability" then, one of the qualities of enlightened
> consciousness. "Invincibility" sounds too much like Superman to me
> (kryptonite aside :-)).

I used to think there could be "qualities of
enlightened consciousness" such as imperturbability,
but having read so many reports of enlightened
people being distinctly perturbed, I've abandoned
the notion that enlightenment brings any particular
style of behavior. Individuals still need to make
choices about how to behave. We still need to
govern ourselves, at least a little. That's my
guess, anyhow.

That's why I like this currently popular concept
of "presence." It at once suggests imperturbability,
and prescribes what I need to do to attain that
state of mind. That, and steer clear of kryptonite.