> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
> > So Sparig, while you are correct that Atman is not disturbed by anger
> > (fear or craving), also the mind (manas) of the self-realized is not
> > agitated and distured, overcome, lost, become unglued or unfocused by
> >   these things.
> >
> > The agitation of the mind, the chaos of the state, the "losing it"
> > experience, and the uncontrolled passion of krodha, are almost the
> > opposite of the intense, focused searing attention of a realized or
> > powerful teacher making a point. Peter's equating this intense focus
> > with uncontrolled krodha is superficial and not worthy of serious
> > consideration.
>
> Nicely said. However, I think that one can make a case that there
are times when the
> *appearance* of uncontrolled krodha might be good to project.

Agreed. Gurus play a lot of games. Are tricksters. In the good sense.
I am sure Maharishi has feigned krodha to make a point. Like when he
ran after idle workman in Rishikesh with a big stick, yelling at them.
(as relayed by a friend).  He and Satyanand were probably rolling on
the floor in stitches later that night (Satyanand: "you are one
ashima-steeped yogi alright!")