<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > For extra credit, if you're so inclined: Do you
> > think Barry really believes this? If so, what might
> > his basis for believing it be?
>
> If I assume Turq is just fucking with you on 100 posts to
> you, just to get a rise, I'll be right 99.

98. :-)

When it comes to women I characterize as "feminists"
(very much with quotes), I'm completely serious
about the vast majority of them never having actually
DONE anything.

They just talk, talk, talk as if they "deserve"
to be listened to simply because they're talking.
It's like bloggers, thinking that they're actually
"influencing history" or "influencing public opinion"
when all they're really doing is typing a few words
into a computer, most of which are never read by
anyone at all. Probably only a couple of dozen
bloggers have any effect at all.

When it comes to feminists (without quotes) I am
spoiled because I got to work with and alongside
many of them over the years. Real feminists don't
whine. Real feminists don't have to come up with
silly "manufactured outrage" battles to fight. On
the whole, they're too busy trying to actually DO
something with their own lives, and help others
DO something with their own.

I have ZERO respect for talkers. I have great respect
for those who DO something. Nothing about Judy Stein
convinces me she's ever done shit -- not in the world
of spirituality, not in the world of business, and
not in the world of politics. I think she's basically
a blogger with an overinflated view of her audience.
She rants to a very, very small "audience" here on
FFL, *most* of whom don't even bother to read what
she writes. And to her this is synonymous with "DOING
something." To me it's a bunch of talk, talk, talk.

A woman who quietly achieves her goals in life without
making a big deal out of it has done more for feminist
ideals than 10,000 women who rant and whine about the
mistreatment of women. That one woman is providing an
*example* of a woman DOING something, whereas the 10,000
are just talk, talk, talking.