> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> >
> > > For extra credit, if you're so inclined: Do you
> > > think Barry really believes this? If so, what might
> > > his basis for believing it be?
> >
> > If I assume Turq is just fucking with you on 100 posts to
> > you, just to get a rise, I'll be right 99.

For the record, here's what Barry said that I was
asking about:

"You [Ruth], as far as I can tell, followed the
great god Nike and 'Just did it.' As far as I can
tell, the 'feminists' didn't -- and don't -- do
squat except blame someone else for them never
having done anything."

> When it comes to women I characterize as "feminists"
> (very much with quotes), I'm completely serious
> about the vast majority of them never having actually
> DONE anything.
<snip>
> A woman who quietly achieves her goals in life without
> making a big deal out of it has done more for feminist
> ideals than 10,000 women who rant and whine about the
> mistreatment of women. That one woman is providing an
> *example* of a woman DOING something, whereas the 10,000
> are just talk, talk, talking.

Thirty-two years ago, I decided my goal in life was
to work for myself, after having worked for other
people since I graduated from college.

And I "just did it." I started my own editing
business and have supported myself that way ever
since.

Contrary to Barry's claim, I've never once "blamed
someone else for my never having done anything." I
don't *have* to, obviously, because I have indeed
DONE something, very successfully. And even if I
hadn't, it would never occur to me to blame anybody
else for my own faiilure.

In other words, what Barry's saying about me is
complete, utter fantasy. And he knows none of it is
true (as with a very large percentage of the things
he says about me).

If he had a legitimate case, why would he need to
lie? The fact that he *does* lie, repeatedly,
demonstrates that he knows he *doesn't* have a case.

What kind of crappy human being, what kind of total
wimp, has to *make up* stuff about somebody he
doesn't like?

Curtis isn't threatened by me; he got it right:

"I don't agree that you and Raunchy (if that is who
this round is aimed at) don't do squat and blame others
for your not doing anything.  You both seem pretty
empowered to me."

raunchy can speak for herself about how she's
achieved her own goals.

Barry finds us so threatening because we *are*
empowered. He lies about us because he has to find
some way to *dis*empower us, at least in his own
twisted, frightened mind.