--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutp...@...> wrote:

> I'm trying to download itunes on my computer for the iphone
> I got from Santa. The installation is almost complete when
> this window pops-up:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Quicktime

> It says that it could not open this key. What to do? Thanks.

Sounds as if it's a bug in Apple's installation
routine, Pete. It's looking for the registry entry
of the previous version to uninstall after installing
the new one, and can't find it because there is no
previous version. Just like Apple to not be able to
conceive of some Windows user not having the previous
version of their software, and not knowing how to
deal with it.

HOW to deal with it? Can't help you. A quick Google
search finds no matching fixes among frustrated users.
The only thing I can suggest is to try what is prob-
ably a multi-part install (iTunes bundled with Quick-
time) in a different order, starting with iTunes
first. Good luck. This is what happens when Apple
programmers try to build Windows installers.  :-)