Well, considering that Gautama was a prince in  Vedic kingdom,
trained by Brahmin priests and who learned Sanskrit and the Vedas in
depth, it is not surprising that what he taught (or rather what his
disciples taught) was a form of Vedic knowledge. It is like the
difference between Catholicism and the later Protestantism....not
much difference really. Both Christianity.

In fact, Hindus and Vedic scholars do not consider Buddhism as
outside of the Vedic tradition. Just yet another stream and
interpretation of it.

The name of Budda himself is Vedic, meaning 'enlightened intellect'
(Unity Consciousness), as are all his language in his teachings:
Boddhisatwa, DharmaChakra, Anatman vs Atman etc. Buddhism is a form
of Vedic knowledge where some of the knowledge got lost.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hey, all
>
> According to Mantreshwar, an ancient jyotish author, my birth
chart
> has a yoga for being a sanyasi, practicing a form of Buddhism.  As
> practicing TM meditator, I was at first puzzled by this
observation.
> However, after pondering the description of this yoga, I became
> appreciative of the author's wisdom and perception.  Here's why:
>
>   In many of his commentaries MMY shows deep respect for the Lord
> Buddha.  MMY states, nevertheless, that the Buddha's teachings
have
> been misunderstood.  MMY states that TM and its tradition have the
> correct interpretation of the Buddha's teachings, as stated in
MMY's