boo wrote:
> To sum up Willy's wisdom today:
>
> There are no mantras used in TM.
> There are certain mantras used in TM.
> There are no multi-word mantras used in TM.
> There are certain multi-word mantras used
> in advanced TM.
> Now I'm so confused, I'm going to make up some
> BS about Buddhism.

Only 'bija' mantras are used in TM, plus a
few Sanskrit words for fertilizer, such as
'namah', which in Sanskrit means 'I bow down'.
'Om' is a nonsense syllable. You get only one
single 'bija' mantra in TM.

Read more:

http://www.minet.org/mantras.html

"You can twist the words around from now till Doomsday,
and it won't change the fact that in TM you get only ONE
mantra--the one you're given when you first learn to
meditate. What you're calling "additional mantras" are
not mantras. That's why they're called "advanced
techniques" and not "additional mantras."

Bottom line: The TM mantras do not have semantic
meanings. They're semantically meaningless sounds."

Read more:

Forum: Yahoo! TM Controversy
Author: Judy Stein
Date: Wed Jul 31, 2002  10:06 pm
Subject: Re: Maharishi's TM mantras

"SHRI (added mantra, meaning, "Oh most beautiful")
AING (original mantra, meaning, "Hindu goddess Saraswati")
NAMAH (added mantra, meaning, "I bow down")"

SHRI AING NAMAH = "Oh most beautiful goddess Saraswati,
I bow down."

Read more:

Forum: Yahoo! TM Controversy
Author: John Manning