--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutp...@...>
wrote:

> "You" can not get enlightened. This is very true. In waking state
there is an experience of an individuality; a private psychological
self. In waking state there is a mistaken notion that this
individuality will get enlightened; that it will have some sort
of "enlightened" experience.

lol- yeah, one description of the way it goes down is as if you are
riding an elevator upwards in waking state, convinced that the
higher you get, the closer to enlightenment you are-- 27th floor,
yeah! --52nd floor, wow, i am SO CLOSE! I had a witnessing
experience! --93rd floor, uh-HUH!! This is almost IT! and then
without warning, the floor in the elevator vanishes, and before you
have a chance to even think about grabbing onto something, you are
falling, and falling and falling, and falling, and falling. falling
away into nothingness, falling away into freedom, and lest i say it?
unboundedness...

>But the only reason a "you" exists is because consciousness is
identified with and projected into some relative vehicle of mind and
consciousness has become the object it identifies with. When
consciousness becomes conscious of its own consciousness this
identification is withdrawn and there is no longer a bound identity
to consciousness. A "you" no longer exists. There is the mind,
emotions and everything else, but there is no longer an identity
with these vehicles. They just happen within a context of pure
consciousness. They always were functioning like this, but a
delusion of a "you" was present.