--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , "Marek Reavis"
<reavisma...@...> wrote:

> "I also acknowledge that I have an aspect of my mind that is an
> unchanging witness of my personality.  It is an artifact of
> consciousness and a part of being human if you choose to spend enough
> time to notice it.  I'll even acknowledge that meditating helps you
> notice this aspect of your mind more clearly."
>
> **
>
> This quote (above), is what I'm interested in.  The assertion that
> the "unchanging witness" is an "aspect of the mind" and "an artifact
> of consciousness", however, is still unsettled for me.  I can
> understand why you'd assert that, but I don't understand how you
> could support the assertion.>>

In reference to your question, nothing can support this assertion. That
was Maharishi's WHOLE POINT FROM DAY ONE !
Only experience of it yourself can convince you. No-one else can. Even
though I am not in any high state of consciousness, I have had thousands
upon thousands of experiences that are without question MORE REAL, MORE
POWERFUL, and MORE INTERESTING than the regular thinking or mental
activity of daily life (even though I love the latter aspects very much
too.) And the experience is one of an unchanging pure and powerfaul
basis to all of existence.
Now, you have to remember, that science clearly shows that the mind
generates its experience of existence by extrapolating and interpreting
the soup of the universe based upon its own mental make up and
perception, and then creating your worldview. All minds do this
according to science (all animals and humans.) Therefore, all experience
and all reality that you experience is based on your experience, and the
most real and deepest experiecnes that you have are therefore, the most
real and deepest experiences you have. That's it.
Is anyone getting this yet. There is no there, there. There is only a
cosmic soup of which you are one with, and there are devices called
'brains' that extrapolate and create from the soup that which they are
most pre-desposed to create for themselves. Therefore, there is no-one
who can tell you what absolute unchanging pure being is like...you have
to experience yourself and develop your familiarity with it more and
more over time. If you want to, that is. Of course, if you don't want to
then there is no need to do so.

OffWorld