--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2009, at 11:01 PM, off_world_beings wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <no_reply@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <no_reply@>

> > <no_reply@>

> > 'the
> > meaning.

> > > ROTFLMFFLOFFOLLOWMAOi!  ;D
> > >

> > Cardemeister you  just tie yourself in knots with your
> > misunderstanding of Sanskrit and Indo-European. You are all still
> > working with outdated 19th century etymology. What a joke !
> >
> >  You and Vaj are completely boxed in and cannot get around it.
> >
> > *pu- "clean"
> >
> > VMPSIE
> >   pu:-            "to clean"                         Sanskrit
> >   pu:rus          "pure"                             Latin
> >   pu:ta           "cleaned"                          Sanskrit
> >   pu:ti           "cleaning"                         Sanskrit
> >   p�tih           "white"                            Malay
> >   putih           "white"                            Javanese
> >   futsi, futchi   "white"                            Madagascar
> >   maputi          "white"                            Tagalog
> >   ma-pute         "white"                            Buginese
> >
> > UEL 23, 24, 25:
> >   *pewH-          "clean, purify"                    Proto-
> > IndoEuropean
> >     + nominalising *-eno-
> >   *pewH-eno-
Proto-IndoEuopean
> >   p�vana (n.)     "sieve"                            Sanskrit
> >          (n., m.) "cleaning (by threshing)"          Sanskrit
> >   pavana           id.                               Pali
> >   pona: (m.)      "perforated iron ladle for
> >                    skimming or straining"            Hindi
> >
> > loaned into
> >
> >   *pe(w)s^enV                                        Proto-Permian
> >   puz^, p�z^      "sieve"                            Votyak
> >   puz^ni_         "sift"                             Votyak
> >   poz^            "sieve"                            Zyryan
> >   po,z^           "sieve"                            Zyryan
(SE-dial.)
> >   puz^            "sieve"                            Zyryan (East
> > Permian)
> >   poz^n-al-       "sift"                             Zyryan
> >
> >   o-grade + causative suffix *-eye/o-
> >   *owH-eye/o-                                        Proto-
> > IndoEuropean
> >   *fauja                                             Proto-Germanic
> >   fewen (fouwen)  "sift (cereal), clean"             Old High German
> >   v�uwen           id.                               Middle
High
> [...]
> > Finnic
> >     + causative suffix *-ta-
> >   *pows^ta >
> >   *pos^ta                                            Proto-Finnic
> >   pohta
> >   (inf. pohtoa)   "winnow"                           Finnish
> >     >
> >   pohti-          "consider"                         Finnish
> >   puohtua (inf.)  "winnow"                           Carelian
> >   pohtta  (inf.)   id.                               Vepsian
> >   pohta:  (inf.)   id.                               Votic
> >     ma-inf.
> >   pohetama,
> >   puhetama         id.                               Estonian dial.
> >

> >   *pu-ne-H-,
> >   *pu-n-H- (v.)                                      Proto-
> > IndoEuropean
> >   *pu-ne-H-ti >
> >   pun�ti          "he cleans, winnows"               Sanskrit
> >   *pu-n-H-mes >
> >   puni:m�h.       "we clean, winnow"                 Sanskrit
> >   *pu-n-H-enti >
> >   pun�nti         "they clean, winnow"               Sanskrit
> >   puna:ti         "cleans, sifts"                    Pa:li
> >   pun.a�          "cleans, winnows"                  Pra:krit
> >
> > loaned into
> >
> >   *pons^e-                                           BalticFinnic-
> > Mordvin
> >     + Mordvin causative suffix -vt(o)- (Ersa)
> >   ponz^avto-      "winnow (cereal)"                  Mordvin (Ersa)
> >     + Mordvin causative suffix -ft(&^)- (Moks^a)
> >   pon�dz^aft&^-   "winnow (cereal)"                  Mordvin
(Moks^a)

> >   zero-grade + participal *-to-
> >   *puH-to-s                                          Proto-
> > IndoEuropean
> >   pu:t�-h.        "cleaned, purified"                Sanskrit
> >
> > loaned into
> >
> >   *pus^tas                                           Proto-Finnic
> >     common Baltic Finnic, eg.
> >   puhdas,
> >   puhtaan (gen.)  "clean, pure"                      Finnish
> >   puhas,
> >   puhta   (gen.)   id.                               Estonian
> >
> > HSED 2008:
> >   *puk-           "winnow"
> >   *fVk-           "winnow, peel (corn)"              Berber
> >   fukk-&t-         id.                               Ahaggar
> >   *puk-           "winnow"                           West Chadic
> >   puk              id.                               Tangale
> >

> > To say that the word `puja' means `worship' is like saying:
> >
> > "Church" means "Christianity"
> > "Avatar" means "a person's cartoon version on the internet.
> > or
> > "Yogi" means "old bearded guy with beads around his neck".
> >
> > It is childish, absurd, lacking in accuracy, unintelligent, and
> > misinformed.
> >
> > OffWorld
> >

> It's interesting because if I'm reading you right, >>

No, you are not reading me right, as you conjectured above. You are
reading me with the brain of a religiously brainwashed and completely
cultist mindset.

I translated it clearly as "The beginning of the life of cleansing"
That is its meaning. This is a practical thing, but your religious
fervor made you see a snake when only a twig was there. It is very
embarrassing for you how you make such blunders again and again based on
your religious brainwashing. It is IDENTICAL to the way the Neocons and
Republican talk show hosts act. They do not see what is written, but
superimpose their distorted worldview over it.

How ironic. You are destined to be a Neocon at this rate Vaj.

PuJa means 'the beginning of the purifying life' This is not a religious
term, and you have tied yourself in knots again, proving only that you
are a fanatic, so brainwashed by your religeous upbringing that you
cannot see the woods for the trees. Lol, what an idiotic interpretation
you made !

OffWorld

<<you believe the TM