i also have found it easy at times in my life to lose focus on what
is directly in front of me, and let my thirst for greater spirtual
presence to blind me to my daily responsibilities. a dear friend of
mine sometimes reminds me to just be where i am. it is great advice.
there is not actual difference between what i can do from an
ordinary perspective, and engaging in a lot of mystical practices.
and the results, whatever they may be, speak for themselves.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Kirk" <kirk_bernha...@...>
wrote:

> A couple years ago I was heavily involved in pujas and yajnas.
>
> I had a theory which I tried to prove correct or incorrect to
myself. I spent 10,000 bucks of my own money, during already
stretched financial times so as to prove the strength of my
intention to see the thing through.  I sought teachers who could
perform rituals with fire offering. In Hindu it's called Homam, in
Buddha it's called Jinsek. I had perhaps as many as three hundred
jinseks and homams performed.

> One thing I tried to do at times was aim a yajna at someone. Not
anything malefic, but instead, something positive, so as to liberate
circumstances of the times.

> Well let me tell you all that the Bush administration had me
paranoid. I had gotten my wife pregnant and I was going to be a
father. I decided to aim my intention for a better world at those
who had tried to control and fuck it up. So I would have small
homams done at various temples in that person's name.  Let's say,
George Bush Jr may have had Pratyangira Devi performed on his behalf
many times for bringing peace to the world.

> We miscarried, not once but twice, and being at the end of our
fruitful years I fell headlong into my mid life crisis. Now knowing
that we would be fruitless. Having lost my best job ever, I was
unable to continue the puja/yajna test.

> Which was probably for the best as a piece of advice I had from
one fine teacher was that when having yajnas done one should stick
with one troupe for a series of time. I have found this to be true
as the attention of different groups often conflicts with others. To
maintain clarity it's best to stay true to one group of ritualists
at a time.

> There's no telling of outcome, suffice it to say that due to
influence of a lama I know I honed my intention from doing yajna
with New Orleans, or Louisiana as beneficiary, to having yajnas
performed from all beings for all beings benefit.

> This last, the Bodhisattva intention to benefit all beings, may
all beings be happy, so I started doing yajnas not selfishly at all
any longer but selflessly.  A few times I knew a peace of mind that
surpassed anything I had ever felt before.

> Then the yajnas wore off and I went strictly back to personal
practice.  That was the best thing of all, was just personal
practice. It's easy to forget how important personal practice is
when one is getting pumped through yajnas.

> At any rate, as we all do when we patronize various puja and yajna
sites from the net, we create the market for these things. And then
the price raises. So I knew that my intentions and yajnas as unknown
as they might have been by the world at large I felt that few people
would ever again in all of history would walk my footsteps. Price,
facility, and intention came together for a short while.  I was able
to have my intentions spoken before the eternal.  I was truely a
magician!

> Okay, so, so much to say, so little in the way of words to write
it. Does anyone have any issues with what I've written? Signed Kirk
B - trying to benefit others whether they like it or not. I
reiterate and guarentee to all that my intentions and motives were
all to benefit other beings.

> I wish I could have done yajnas for selfish things like personal
riches, but I simply couldn't considering the state of affairs of
the world. But it's still my belief that the institutor of the rite,
that is, the person paying, their intentions are what is weighted
ultimately, especially if the price of the ceremony is a personal
sacrifice.  And it is important to clarify the samkalpam and make it
as broad reaching and open and aimed to benefit as many as is
possible.

> For instance I had Mahamritunjaya done for tha Dalai Lama and
other lamas of mine.  For longevity.  Does anyone see anything right
or wrong with this sort of thinking? Thanks for reading. Thanks
moreso for commenting.