> It seems this is all is just a lot senseless griping. All Dr. Pete said
> was
>
> "And of course the classic Jerry Jarvis line on
> channeling,"Just because you're dead doesn't make you
> smart!" I think it sums up the whole thing, doesn't
> it?"
>
> Which did not appear to imply in any way that 'disincarnates were NOT
> smart' but a humorous observation which points out the importance of
> discrimination in such matters.
>
> My question would be 'why did anon miss this and instead reply':
>
> "And thus all chanellees are stupid?" ?

Well Vaj, perhaps I am the supid one (always willing to back down when
my reasoning or facts are shown incorrect). I think Jerry's comment is
wonderful. Very characcteristic of his gentle wit.

To me, and my reaction may be tied to Peter's past style and tone, not
just his words, I felt Peter's comment was twisting Jerry's comment,
"I think it sums up the whole thing, doesn't". My take on his comment
was that 'well that settles it, you can't rely on ANY channeler'. I
realize it was my interpretation of tone, not the words themselves,
and in that I may have misteken his tone.

While I am not a fan of channelers, I just felt such twisting was
uncalled for. So I asked the neutral and somehat humerous
extrapolation of his point, "And thus all chanellees are stupid?" ?"
My goal was to make him laugh and say, well no, I didn't really mean
to imply that.

Instead he comes back and calls me a passive aggressive asshole. "Just
like my patients!"  Wow!  The paradox deepens.  Here is a
psychologist, whe presumably treats people for passive agressive and
anger management disorders calling me an P-A asshole becasue I made a
neutral statement in an attempt to have him see how his words may have
overstated a case.

So, not wishing to imflame things and react directly to his words, I
tried to back away. I tried to get him to look at himself, how silly
he was acting (IMO). I said, something to the effect, "you are
painting quite a picture of yourself" -- trying to get him to look at
himself and his words. I added,  matter of factly, "the cameras are
rolling". That is, I was reminding him we are not talking on some
deserted street, but in front of up to 900 listeners. And If he wants
to cntinue to make a fool of himself, he should be made aware
(reminded) of that. Because in his anger and impulsiveness, I felt
this may not have been in the forfront of his mind.)

So, if I could have handled this better Vaj, or others, let me know. I
am always open to becoming more skillful in personal relattions -- in
life and internet. From what I can see, the option is, when confronted
with explosive anger and name calling, not even try to make neutral
statements with an attempt to try to close out the convo quickly, and
not try to offer simple statements to help the other see himself
objectively. But just leave it, not respond at all.  What do you think?