your conclusions are sound-- i also see Vaj's complaints against
the "evil" Maharishi as just that, projections of his own
shortcomings and failures. i posed the earlier statement to Vaj to
see if he had anything to respond with. he doesn't.

and yet you bring up a valid point that when we aren't just slinging
mud, myself included, that there is a legitimate avenue of inquiry
to further define beyond the language of TM-speak what our actual
experiences consist of.

in my own practice, for example, i have found that real guru/God
(dess) devotion has furthered my progress in a way that the basic
knowledge i first gained from the TMO never could.

this devotional learning and experience though, instead of being a
contradiction of my earlier learning, has instead revealed a
fullness and liveliness to the basic teaching that the Maharishi
brought out, and completed an experiential understanding of
enlightenment, that continues to grow, and grow and grow. and given
the limitless experience of enlightenment, i don't see or concieve
of any end in sight.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "emptybill" <emptyb...@...>
wrote:

> In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11 wrote:
>
> this seems to be your only message here, over and over and over
and over
> and over and over again Vaj.
>
> Empty Bill:
>

> I'm puzzled why you might assume that Vaj's complaints must
somehow be
> rationally based objections. Any objective observer who has watched
> Vaj's various claims and counter-claims should understand by now
that he
> is like a spurned spouse. With such a view, it is necessary for
him to
> see Maharishi as the embodiment of bad intention - therefore such
titles
> as "the salesman Maharishi" or the fake yogi known as Mahesh Varma.
> Maharishi thus stands in for "the lies of this world" -
internalized and
> projected onto anything Maharishi said or did. This is an old
story that
> I have seen played out by former teachers who were screwed by the
TMO,
> although this doesn't actually include Vaj.
>

> So I ask you, have you ever spent time listening to the shrill
> complaints of an ex-spouse? We can understand their sentiments yet
in
> the end there is nothing to know - just a deluge of vitriolic
emotion.
> "He/She is no good and I deserved better".
>

> The only real question for those of us who have listened to this
over
> and over is "Why is Vaj still on FFL?"
>

>     1. To      prove that Maharishi fooled everyone.
>     2. To      counter Maharishi's influence by showing that there
is
> "real yoga" other      than Maharishi's false yoga.
>     3. Providing      us hayseed meditators with real knowledge
about
> yoga, tantra and "high      teachings".
>     4. Demonstrating      superior knowledge about subtle anatomy
and the
> "real path to      enlightenment".
>

> However, there is just one problem for Vaj. There are a few people
here
> that have actually have some kind of training in various lineages
of
> Yoga, Jnana and Tantra. As a result, we need not catalog every
claim of
> his and then reply dutifully. In fact my conclusion over time is
that
> Vaj's desperate monologue is just a distraction, even for himself.
>

> However, there are significant questions we could be asking about
the
> traditions of yogic practice that we follow – for instance the
> cultural axioms we bring to our practices. In many ways, as
Westerners,
> our own assumptions oppose the practice of guru devotion that
founds the
> traditions of Indian and Tibetan yoga. We could be looking for a
wider
> paradigm with which to view this conflict and Vaj could be part of
the
> work to clarify this. Unfortunately attachment only to our own
personal
> views obstructs this kind of unbiased inquiry.
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11 wrote:
>
> this seems to be your only message here, over and over and over
and over
> and over and over again Vaj.
>
> > so do you honestly think that the majority of people practicing
TM