--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11
<no_re...@...> wrote:

> in my own practice, for example, i have found that real guru/God
> (dess) devotion has furthered my progress in a way that the basic
> knowledge i first gained from the TMO never could.
>
> this devotional learning and experience though, instead of being a
> contradiction of my earlier learning, has instead revealed a
> fullness and liveliness to the basic teaching that the Maharishi
> brought out, and completed an experiential understanding of
> enlightenment, that continues to grow, and grow and grow. and
> given the limitless experience of enlightenment, i don't see or
> concieve of any end in sight.

Ah. I've been waiting for this. The first
overt claim of enlightenment: "furthered my
progress...and completed an experiential
understanding of enlightenment..."

Y'know, Dawn...even though he was "before
your time" here on FFL, you should really
spend some time looking into the history
of another poster here named Jim Flanegin.

He, too felt that he had gained an "exper-
iental understanding of enlightenment." The
problem was in how he *demonstrated* that
enlightenment, or understanding of it. He
chose to do it by adopting a completely
experiential "definition" of enlightenment
(basically, "I say that I am enlightened,
therefore anything I do is enlightenment"),
an anti-intellectual, my-experience-is-the-
definition approach to all things related to
enlightenment and meditation, and a tendency
to demonstrate higher powers such as being
able to reincarnate as different beings,
without having to die first to do it.

At the same time, he demonstrated an inability
to either (pick one) count to 50, or control
his outbursts to stay within the posting limit.
He demonstrated a fast-and-loose relationship
with facts of any kind, attributing quotes to
historical figures that they not only never
said, but which were antithetical to their
philosophies and actual teachings. He also
tended to display the opposite of the compassion
that many traditions present as one of the attri-
butes of enlightenment, consistently insulting
other posters here and calling them names. After
"demonstrating" his awesome powers of reincarn-
ation and being busted on having faked it, he
refused to ever admit that he had done it, even
while occasionally posting things under the fake
"new incarnation" ID that still carried his real
name, or otherwise demonstrating that the "new
person" wasn't quite as "new" as presented.

In other words, he was a lot like you, Dawn. I
know that you're just a gal speaking your mind,
but what can you offer us that would help us to
*believe* your claim of having attained an
"experiential understanding of enlightenment?"

Can you do better than Jim did?

And if not, how does that support your contention
that the experience of enlightenment is "limitless,"
that it continues to "grow and grow and grow," and
that there is "no end in sight."

In all honesty, all I've seen in your posts so far
is a rehash of the same stuff that Jim Flanegin
used to spout here. Same old same old. And frankly,
a lot of us have been there, done that with that
approach, and we're hoping for a new spin on things,
or maybe a new approach to "being enlightened in
cyberspace." Now that you've come out as someone
who could possibly do that, what can you show us
that is *different* than what has been "shown us"
before on this forum by supposedly enlightened
beings like Jim or Rory?

I think a lot of people here saw their "present-
ations of enlightenment" as fairly deluded and
ego-based, although, to be honest, they might not
have been. You are a newcomer, and now that you've
"outed yourself" as having attained an "experiential
understanding of enlightenment," we're looking
forward to how YOU "demo" it.

The ball's in your court. Swing away.