More than once God told Moses to go wipe out some other nation-tribe, and God
gave specific instructions about keeping the virgins alive so that they could
become slaves of Israel.

How much more does one need to see that the three Middle East religions are not
only comfortable but positively religious about murdering others?

Fuck, er, screw, er heck with your "rape's missing from the ten commandments"
concept -- once you kill someone, you have committed a sin so egregious that
all other possible sins pale by comparison.  Would you rather be raped or
killed? -- it's that simple to see that murder is a whole other level of evil.

Murder goes hand in hand with religions -- even Scientology had that infamous
"rule" that said a Scientologist had the right to kill someone who was actively
trying to harm Scientology....meaning, any ex-TB.  Knowing this, who could care
for anything that L.Ron Hubbard ever had to say again?  Even though the rule
was erased, the mind that originally thought of it as good also created all the
other Scientology rules.  They might have some nice morals in other regards,
but if murder is acceptable to them, even their good parts must be stained,
skewed, twisted, and fine-print-enabled-dangerous.

To me, the discussion below is aiding and abetting murder in that it takes the
spotlight off of murder.  Any religion that has a God that orders murder
shouldn't get folks arguing about the nuances of the mitzvas that such a
religion supports.  They can uphold all other righteousness and still be pieces
of shit if they accept murder.  To me it's like a Nazi guard talking about
whether it is right or wrong to steal from the Jews he's about to gas to death.

It is worst than that for me -- any group, not just religions, that espouses
the putting to death of anyone for any reason is committing murder.  Soldiers
shooting back at the other side are intent on murder -- not merely the killing
of an antagonist of the moment, but instead it is a religious act no less
culpable than the ritualistic sacrifices to keep the volcano from erupting.

Well do I understand the motivations being so overwhelming that murder becomes
alluring -- anyone who's had any kind of major negativity in life at the hands
of another must contend with "keeping revenge" in its place.  Blame is never
the best option even when it seems one's soul itself is clarity incarnate and
crying for revenge.

That's my moral line in sand, but, like Jimmy Carter's lusting, I too have
mentally fantasized all manner of revenges, and I cannot throw the first stone
at anyone who's acted out on such notions.

'Course, nature is filled with murder -- cows eating grass, white blood cells
eating bacteria, two hydrogens beating up an oxygen until it is no longer a gas
-- everywhere is seen the imposition of one entity's unpermissioned actions
upon another.

I suppose I should just get used to it, eh?

All in favor of murder, raise their hands.

Edg