--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11 <no_re...@...> wrote:

> agreed-- as has been said, there is no such thing as bad publicity. and that
> goes for the TM and MMY bashers here too- just by criticizing and bashing TM
> they continue to keep it alive in the minds of those who read these posts.
> after some time all people remember was a discussion on TM, not what was
> said. its why people like Martha Stewart are still celebrities. keep it up!

Ah, I think that is more of a myth than anything.   How about the bad publicity
the Catholics got from their cover-ups of pedophile priests?  I can't really
divorce myself from what I know and think about TM, but I have a hard time
believing that someone coming here would go away not having a feel for some of
the criticism surrounding TM.  If there was the net back in the days I was
poking around at spirituality my guess is that I would have stayed far away
from TM. However, I do think the criticisms help reinforce the TBs in their
beliefs.

Wonder how the bad publicity concerning Scientology has effected getting new
members?   It probably helps inspire the rank and file, but getting newbies?  I
bet it hurts.