Nabby rails on about how "desperate" Curtis
and I are. Judy claims we're "distraught."
I Am The Eternal calls me "sick."

And yet, when you examine it, *they* are the
ones who are melting down and "acting out"
lately, and over WHAT?

The fact that Curtis and I have been discussing
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi AS IF HE WERE A MAN.

THAT is what has them so uptight.

All I did originally, while stating clearly
that I was *not* suggesting that MMY had a
gay relationship with Guru Dev (and I do not
believe that he did, in the sense that he ever
acted upon it), was look at the story of his
life the way a normal person would look at
ANY man's life who had spent that life in
the pursuit of a clearly overwhelming love
for another man. Curtis did the same.

>From my point of view, we did so fairly dis-
passionately. To us, IT WOULDN'T MATTER
if MMY and Guru Dev were gay and acted upon
it or not. Neither of us has any stake in
seeing Maharishi any particular way. To us,
he was JUST A MAN.

And *think* about that. If he really was
enlightened, as many of you believe, he was
JUST A MAN who became enlightened. In my view
that is BETTER than if he were some "special"
being who only got enlightened because he was
"special." Same with Christ or the Buddha
or any other spiritual figure in history.
Where is the "payoff" in considering these
people "special" or "more than human?" If
they were, and you're not, that sorta means
that you can't achieve what they did, because
you're NOT "special" like they were. But if
they were JUST MEN, and achieved what they
did *anyway*, then SO CAN YOU.

Basically, the way I see it, all these TBs
are melting down for two reasons. The first
is because we're talking about sex as if it
were normal to have sex. Many of these people
are so uptight that they don't believe that.
But the second reason is that we are talking
about Maharishi the way we would talk about
any other man on the planet, as if he weren't
in any way "special." We're cutting him no
special breaks for being "holy."

AND THAT MAKES THEM CRAZY.

Well, I hope that they *enjoy* being crazy,
because I for one am not going to stop talk-
ing about him as if he were JUST A MAN.

That's all he was.