--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_re...@...> wrote:

He is gunna be jamming with another blues master.  That always makes you up
your game.  Every human has a unique taste and approach. If Kirk says the guy
is a badass, then that is the proof cuz it takes one to know one.

As far as ingredients goes (and of course I am busybodying myself right into
the discussion) have you ever walked into a fully stocked specialty market for
Thai, then Korean, then Japanese,then each Latin America country, North and
South India, Gujarati, then specialty African stores starting with Ethiopia...

Western trained chefs don't get trained in how the cooks in these countries
approach their ingredients.  Each one can take a lifetime to master. I think
Kirk was showing the proper respect that just because you can make a decent Pad
Thai, it doesn't mean that you know the proper way to prepare dried shrimp
paste by adding the chemical that comes from a certain water beetle that
absolutely MAKES the sauce, transforming it from something that smells like old
salty gym socks into on of the best flavors I have ever eaten.