--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchy...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "guyfawkes91" <guyfawkes91@> wrote:
> >
> > I see the TMO is starting to get heavy with people who point out its rather
> > obvious failings. YouTube has been told to take down the famous Berlin clip
> > of Schiffgens making an idiot of himself.
> >
> > http://nosedef.blogspot.com/2009/04/david-lynch-forces-my-video-of-him.html
> >
> > This isn't the only recent case of the TMO getting heavy with people. My
> > guess is that Bevan is the driving force behind the new heavy handed
> > attitude to detractors since he's basically a bully and enjoys that sort of
> > thing.
> >
> > Comments?
> >

> The Schiffgens clip was an absolutely cringe inducing performance worthy the
> Gong Show. Lynch was heroic. He did his best to treat Schiffgens with respect
> and well as keep an angry mob from storming the stage. Bless his heart.
>
> The TM critics have always had plenty of ammo available to dissuade people
> from starting TM. This clip is just one more bomb in the arsenal. They will
> persist and may dissuade a few here and there, but they will not prevail.
> People who want to start TM will start regardless of any amount of dirty
> laundry the TM critics unload. It might even make some folks curious enough
> to start TM just to see what all the fuss was.
>
> It's much more exhilarating for TM critics to say, "Hey, look at that idiot,
> Schiffgens, if you do TM you might end up like HIM," than say, "Lynch has the
> patience of a saint, if you do TM you might end up like HIM."
>
> In either case, it is a mistake to judge the value of TM by the actions of an
> idiot or a saint. There is no measure of idiocy or sainthood before, during
> or after TM. Whether we witness the actions of Schiffgens the buffoon, Lynch
> the angel of mercy or Bevan the fascist bully, TM will prevail as wholly
> separate from them.

But what scares me, raunchydog, is that good people who would OTHERWISE give TM
a chance won't as a result of seeing stuff like this.

There's got to be a consistency of message.

On the one hand, the TMO says it is not a religion, a philosophy, nor does the
practise require a change in lifestyle.

Then, on the other hand, we have rajahs dressed up like Star Trek characters
talking in the most inappropriate ways about invincibility.

I'd say that people who may want to start TM won't as a result...don't you
agree?