From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fairfieldl...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of geezerfreak
Sent: Saturday, April 25, 2009 11:01 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: For Ruth

Sister Raunch....can I ask you something? Do you think that there is a
possibility that your faith in Maharishi and in the "rightness" of his
movement, might be a mistake? In other words, can you consider the
possibility (just the possibility) that what you believe with all of your
heart, about Maharishi and his movement, could be completely wrong?

Is it possible?

As I've already stated, when I made the decision to leave the TMO, I did so
knowing that I could be completely wrong, that I may have made the biggest
mistake of my life. Now...in the nearly 30 years that have followed,
everything I experience tells me otherwise.

But to this day, I really don't know! I like going with my instincts, I
really do. I like knowing that I could be wrong. I like the not knowing!

Sorry for the diversion and back to my question to you. Is it possible?
Geez, why does your decision have to have been completely right or
completely wrong? The Movement always has been a mixed bag, as have we. Both
it and we have good and bad qualities. You have a great career which you
wouldn't have had if you had remained full time in the movement. Most people
who remained full time have little to show for it, either in terms of any
great spiritual advantage, and certainly not materially. One scenario might
have been to have distanced yourself, but occasionally attended courses, but
you could probably do that now.