> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, grate.swan <no_reply@> wrote:

> <snip>]
> > >
> > > Well, but isn't that because the intellect, having
> > > realized that others have their own perspectives, are
> >
> > I see your point. However, my thought, perhaps weakly
> > conveyed, is that if we can get to a reference free,
> > or bias-free state -- where the light -- so to speak
> > is white or clear -- comprehensive of all spectrums,
> > not colored by a limited spectrum, then we see what
> > actually is -- not just the color of the limited
> > spectrum (of our individuality).
>
> Sure, but isn't the intellect (the working mind, not
> the abstraction) exactly what inhibits getting to the
> reference-free state?

Perhaps. but we may be using terms a bit differently. to clarify my terms, to
me, mind is the reservoir of thoughts -- a passive thing. You can't actively
"force; or command a thought to come.  Across the hall from mind is memory --
impressions (not necessarily the actual perception at the time) of experience.
And results of internal inquiry. Third is intellect -- that links one thought
to another, applies logic, apprehends causality, chooses this over that, etc. A
fourth thing, is intuition, which I feel personally are conclusions, learnings,
and experiences from past lives -- that we can't put a finger on "why" -- but
it sees right.

My limited experience is that an eureka moment comes when we see that
everything is a projection of our individual light onto the world -- as is the
perception of others via their own spectrum of light.  When that occurs, then
the intellect, with a dash of intuition, can begin to pry loose the facades we
mistake for reality -- and begin to shine a whiter (though not necessarily,
initially, pure white) light on things.

As may be obvious, I am a fan of intellect and see it as a tool not something
to shun or push out the door. I don't think there is a fundamental mistake of
the intellect. As I view it today, the mistake is caused by darkness -- seeing
things in dim light -- and projecting what light we have in a limited spectrum.
Crank up the amps on the light, and purify it towards white light -- and that
which is becomes clearer.