--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> On May 29, 2009, at 12:46 PM, Jason wrote:
>
> >   I want to know who gave him the title *Maharishi* .??
> >
> >         Why does he put his bald head in all the org's emblems.??
> >
> >         I think he was a good meditation teacher, but a very poor
> > Philosophy teacher.!!
> >
> >         Paradoxicaly, I know many good philosophy teachers who are
> > poor meditation teachers.!!
> >

> All his titles are self-proclaimed.
>
> The movement spiel is that people heard a rumor at one of his early
> lectures in Southern India that a maharishi was coming from the
> Himalayas, i.e. probably suggested by some forward materials for the
> lecture. After that, he just assumed the name himself. According to
> one of the Shanks. he also added the yogi and was never actually
> trained as a yogi (thus the asana course made my a gym teacher). Joyce
> Collin-Smith, an early secretary, actually caught him adding "His
> Holiness" to his other aliases.

Nothing wrong with realizing you are on your Soul's Mission...
And you choose a name for yourself...
Many actors in Hollywood...do that!
Many people who take the stage, do that!

Perhaps Maharishi knew that he was Socrates, in a past life...
And he knew, that he had to go out, and reach as many people as possible...
Because he had been waiting many centuries to return to the earth sphere, and
resume teaching, where he left off, last time around...

The CIA, didn't get him this time around...
But those same people gave death to Socrates, in his day...
Same story, isn't it?
R.G.