Like you, I've only read the few chapters of Coplin's dissertation that appear
in a google search.  I'd like to read the rest, too.

And these titles, like referring to Guru Dev as "His Divinity", all seem to be
purely honorific.  I hadn't heard about the use of maharishi as a "pathfinder"
title, but I agree that it's appropriate should that be so.

**