> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , off_world_beings <no_reply@>
> > wrote:
> > >

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
> > > <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>  , Mike Dixon mdixon.6569@

> > > heart scan. You'll learn if your fears are justified or not. If you
> > have
> > > advanced heart disease, you can do something about it. If not, you
> can
> > > worry about something else!>>
> > >
> > > What if he doesn't have healthcare like so many of your Americans
> now
> > > after the Bush administrations destruction of everything? Do you
> > > advocate health care for all like in my country Dixon?
> > >
> > > OffWorld
> > >

> > Hey fruity - I know we are supposed to have "health care for all"
> > in the Glorious People's Health Service of the UK. Yes it (seems)
> free,
> > but if the experience of my friends and relatives is anything to go
> by,
> > it's
> > often stretching it to call it "health" care.>
>
> That's because half of your people can't afford to go to hospital and
> get treated you moron, so they are not in the stats.
>
> My Dad had a multiple bypass 15 years ago, and is going to get complete
> replacement knee next week -- all for free. Anyone, any age gets what
> they need by the best trained doctors in the world.
>
> Your Health Care costs are the biggest threat to your country. It is
> literally a national security issue at this point - much more dangerous
> than Al Quaida. Republicans don't get this, that is why Bush/Cheney have
> left the country on its knees. Your country will go bankrupt if it is
> not addressed. Your hospitals- which are not hospitals, but businesses)
> are going bankrupt (http://www.mondaq.com/article.asp?articleid=58696
> <http://www.mondaq.com/article.asp?articleid=58696> ), half your
> population cannot get helath care and are left out of any other stats
> altogether, and (god forbid) you ever personally have an elderly person
> that you have to pay for for years that sends you bankrupt, you will
> entirely change your tune. This is what happens to many people in your
> country. I know of specific cases where even wealthy families WITH
> health insurance, went bankrupt because of an illness over a decade that
> cost a fortune. This is impossible to happen in Britain. Your health
> system is fast becoming for the rich only - who will fast become poor.
> Your doctors are in the money-making business, not care. Your hospitals
> are over-crowded, and you half your people are thrown out on the street
> with no care. Richard once again your ignorance is astounding.
>
> Your state of your Health Care system is a National Security threat to
> the USA - you are just too dumb to understand that.
>
> OffWorld

The system is obviously broken.

But I suggest that there is a case to be made that there is NOT a free market
of health care in the U.S. and that this is part of the problem. For example,
supply of doctors is controlled by a monopoly called the American Medical
Association which, by force of law in I believe all 50 states, has the right to
say who and who does not become a doctor.

There needs to be a competitive market allowed in this area and alternative
medicines and medical treatment given as much consideration (tax-wise and
otherwise) just as AMA-sanctioned practises do.

As for socialized medicine: I, like Off World, grew up under a universal health
care program.  It is NOT as hunky-dory as he makes it out to be and there can
be long waits for treatments of which the same is given almost immediately in
the States.

And let's not forget that about 45 cents of every health care dollar already
spent in the U.S. is paid for by the government.