--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:
<snip>
> Of course this isn't what I'm saying--Maharishi was a
> ghostwriter--

(As Vaj knows, that isn't what Raunchy was saying either.)

> what I'm saying is he used ghostwriters but of course
> retained full control over the output. Other sources
> have verified this is the case

No, they haven't. They've described *editing*, and
Vaj has insisted that it's ghostwriting, because
he wants MMY to get as little credit for his work
as possible.

>, so it's not a just a matter of what this one person
> called "collective consciousness writing", (a pretty
> hilarious TB term used to conceal the fact other
> writers behind the book(s)).

*Editors* behind the books. Most editors do some
writing in the course of their editorial work.

<snip>
> Incidentally, my other sources also indicate a number
> of projects have been ghosted by others--firsthand
> witnesses

Unfortunately, Vaj won't be able to document these
"oher sources."

But if we could see what they actually said, chances
are excellent they'd be describing *editing*. As Rick
said, he never saw anybody writing something to be
published in MMY's name.

, and of course
> Mahesh obsessed over the final output and various
> details along the way. Apparently a much of his major
> output was ghosted.

No, that's not apparent at all.

(Note that, as usual, when Vaj gets agitated because
his tales have been challenged, his syntax begins to
deteriorate.)

 I realize
> this is probably hard for TB Reesh fans to accept,
> so I fully expect much dancing and obfuscation.

As Raunchy noted, the obfuscation and dancing we've
seen on this topic (and many others) has been from
Vaj.

If I hadn't read and heard many first-hand accounts
of MMY's writing process, such as those we've seen
here, I wouldn't be upset to learn that MMY's works
were ghosted. The thing is, they obviously were *not*.
That's what makes Vaj's claims so offensive.

> FYI, here's what the Wikipedia has to say on Ghostwriting
> and how diverse an activity it is:

As I pointed out, nobody knowledgeable about publishing
would consider the *editorial* functions Wikipedia
describes to be ghostwriting.

> The division of work between the ghostwriter and the
> credited author varies a great deal. In some cases,
> the ghostwriter is hired to publish and edit

Ghostwriters don't "publish," either. That's how far
off Wikipedia is.

Notice that Vaj hasn't addressed what I said about my
own editorial work, nor the excerpts from the Web site
of the prominent editor about *his* work that I posted.