> Yeah, evidently the Hagelin, the TMmovement presently are in the middle of a
> larger cultural/spiritual revolution and these TM-haters are no better than
> counter-revolutionaries.  You know what history does with
> counter-revolutionaries?  Is something about a right to bare arms.
<snip>
These people are dangerous and should be dealt with directly.

One of the dangers which people have to guard themselves against is getting so
attached to an ideology that they start to believe that "unbelievers" should be
"dealt with directly". History records that when such ideas take over a group
of people, e.g. communism, nazism, various forms of religious zealotry then the
end is disaster. Not only that but the accumulated experience of the 20th
century would make new entrants to TM become incredibly wary of talk along the
lines of "These people are dangerous and should be dealt with directly." when
referring to dissidents. How many new TMers are going to get the hots for JH if
he starts giving speeches about "dealing directly with unbelievers". It turns
on the old faithful and turns off new entrants.

The bare fact of the matter is that on its own TM is good and people enjoy it
and tell their friends. On its own it would spread very well. There isn't
really very much can be done by an opposition to prevent it spreading. Except
one thing.. They can work the believers into a frenzy so that they start to see
opposition, spies and saboteurs everywhere and react with extreme paranoia and
therefore make the organization repugnant to alert people.

On its own the business of teaching TM would flourish, but it has a mostly
parasitic "organization" living off of the basic business which sucks the life
out of it and drives intelligent people away.

During WWII the allies considered assassinating Hitler, but decided against it
because he was such a terrible commander that it suited their purposes to leave
him in charge. If he were removed then generals who knew what they were doing
take over and make things much harder for the allies. I think if people believe
that the CIA, or other "agents" are against the movement then they should
consider that nothing the CIA or the TM-Free blog or anyone else "against TM"
could be as bad as Emanuel Schiffgens in Berlin, or maintaining silly prices,
or dressing people up as fantasy kings. No one needs to do anything "against"
TM while these people are in charge, just leave them be and they'll fuck it up
themselves without external assistance.