------no, no, Vaj.  There's no meditation that immediately produces
non-dualistic awareness.  If that were so, people would meditate once and be
Buddhas overnight.  The non-dualism (CC) is in a natural progression, found in
any tradition. The same progression exits among students of your Guru Norbu
Rinpoche.  If he were a great Guru, he'd have more than a few hundred followers.
  The non-dualism (as WillyTex points out ) is in the viewpoint, the
philosophical orientation.  The progression (TC,....CC....GC....) exists as a
descriptive map of what people experience, not what they are ULTIMATELY to
attain as a goal.
 The fact that Norbu and the Dzogchen practitioners evade describing the
progressive attainments doesn't eliminate these experiences from occurring in
their students.
 Thus, MMY's orientation is closer to the "real" situation; even considering
that there really is no effective 5-7 year plan.