nablusoss1008 wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

>>> I know David and I don't think he EVER did TM.  He was one of these
>>> guys
>>> who just took off to India at a early age.  He studied with actual
>>> tantrics and wouldn't have wasted his time on techniques for the
>>> general
>>> public.  People want SO MUCH to read in a bunch of special stuff to
>>> what
>>> is essentially a butt simple meditation technique.
>>>

> Frawley is in India a lot; he knows very well the super-status Maharishi has
> in that country within the upper classes. Thousands of Maharishi Veda Vidya
> Peeths have made this happen.
>
> David Frawley also have taken panchakarma-treatment in a
> jungle-ayurveda-clinic of Kerala, run by an Ayurvedic Doctor very well known
> to Maharishi as he stayed in Vlodrop for about 2 years.
>
> And to myself; I stayed in his jungle-retreat 2 weeks a couple of years ago.
>
> Having been so close to Maharishi for years this Vaidya was in  Bliss.
>
> If you have a chance to meet this Rishi-like Vaidya; please do !
When I talked to people in India MMY was like some distant celebrity who
you could tell didn't know that much about and didn't care that much
either.  Usually their comments were something to the order of how MMY
popularized meditation in the west.  But TM wasn't something they would
practice.

Dr. Lad was also very well known to MMY and he was MMY's first choice to
head MAPI.  MMY probably knew many people.  And some of those people
didn't want anything to do with his movement.  When I was in Kerala
there was a nearby vaidya who advertised Maharishi Ayurveda.  I made a
trip to his office but it was not the Maharishi Ayurveda we know and had
nothing to do with the movement.