--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <do.rf...@...> wrote:

[snip]

> In Hindu mythology, the two demons Rahu and Ketu are said to "swallow" the
> sun during eclipses, snuffing out its life-giving light and causing food to
> become inedible and water undrinkable.

[snip]

Well in Gibson mythology (as in "Mel") a solar eclispse means that the gods are
satisfied and this ends the sacrificing of humans.

Anyone else see "Apocalypto"?  An incredible movie, it really should have been
nominated for at least best foreign language film (not a word of English is
spoken) or best picture.  Of course, this was rights around when he had his
anti-semitic incident which put the Kabosh on the whole thing.

As far as I'm concerned it WAS the best picture of the year.