> > "The Elders are an independent group of eminent global leaders,"
> >
> > On the science alone, Hagelin and David Lynch going forth against
> > doctrinal and mythic religion arguing forward with science and
> > experience should be an included part of this council of elders now
> > at the end of of this yuga.
> >
> > Hagelin a bonifide elder statesman too striving & bringing positive
> > change, equality in natural law of the natural sciences and freedom
> > from myth to all humanity. David Lynch as a global elder leader in
> > his realm. Seems these guys are ascending to global eldership as
> > where they are going.
>

> Hmmm. No mention of either Hagelin or Lynch on The Elders website. Am
> I missing it? And they certainly don't seem like "Elder material" to
> me.

What catches my eye are the parallel paragraphs in thinking of Carter's and
also Metahistory about doctrinal book based religion.  Hagelin and David Lynch
are very much in these Elders' line of battle in aggressively making the
assault they are too in their way.

Metahistory writing:
"Â…faith-based religion operating on the theocratic authority of The Book
(Torah, Bible, Koran). Over the last 5000 years, the entire human species has
fallen under the thrall of The Book. In Not in His Image, I propose the term
narrative spell for the uncanny power of the salvationist script that encodes
the beliefs of the three Abrahamic religions."

http://www.metahistory.org/ENDTIME/Countdown2012.php

Carter writing:  "I understand, however, why many political leaders can be
reluctant about stepping into this minefield. Religion, and tradition, are
powerful and sensitive areas to challenge. But my fellow Elders and I, who come
from many faiths and backgrounds, no longer need to worry about winning votes
or avoiding controversy - and we are deeply committed to challenging injustice
wherever we see it.