--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shanti2218411" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> -I am defining hope here as the the expectation that things can
> change in a positive way.It is well understood that any treatment
> will influence a persons expectations.

I've dropped out of this "discussion," since it seems
to have degenerated to some extent into a "Don't you
DARE question whether the drugs I took were necessary;
if they weren't I can't hang onto the image of myself
as a victim who desperately needed them" Brooke Shields
kinda thang.

I just wanted to say that it's reassuring to hear your
point of view, and understand that some therapists are
*still* more concerned with actually helping patients
than with either getting them out of the office quickly
by writing a quick prescription or worse, just making
a quick buck by writing the same prescription.

The right therapy is the right therapy.  Sometimes it
involves drugs; sometimes it does not. My concern is
that too many doctors aren't interested enough in the
welfare of their patients to find what the right
therapy is.  It would take too much of their time.  So
they just write a prescription.  Thanks for being one
of the "other guys," the ones who remind us what medical
science was *supposed* to be like before it turned into
the fast path to a Mercedes and a country club membership.

If my brother had run into someone like that, instead
of some doctor who gave him ten minutes of his time
and then shoved him out of the office with a prescription
for Prozac in his hand, he might still be alive.

Unc