--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5" <dhamiltony...@...> wrote:

> Folks saying good-bye.  The last few days I learned that five long-time
> friends are leaving Fairfield now.  From different circles.  Long-time
> meditators.  From different parts of the meditating community.
>
> Used to be folks figured how to come to FF to be in the domes for group
> meditation .  The sacrifice and excitment was about being in the domes
> meditating in group.
>
> Seems lot of you writing here don't seem to live close to Fairfield.  Some
> kind of interest in Fairfieldlife but not living here in FF.
>

> Not being here you may not see the complexion of the meditating community in
> FF.  Fact is there are a lot more FF meditators in town outside of the domes
> than inside the domes.  With people out and dome numbers chronically down,
> that gathering impetus is less.  Has been for some while.  Too many turned
> out who are here as meditators is a number that does eats at the dome
> community.  An administrative problem evidently that is the  status quo.

I can see why you'd be annoyed at the TMO screwing up the
running of the domes and people leaving town because of it,
but you do have to see the TMOs side of it, they are a
fundamentalist religious sect and like all religions they
do practise a "No other God but me" approach to their
gatherings. And you can see why, if people go about saying
that such and such Guru is just as good as Marshy then people
might start asking questions like "Could I be doing better
with my choice of meditation?" and they don't want that!

The trouble is the TMO insists that it's a secular group and
the stuff about doing puja to Hindu Gods is really just
"enlivening aspects of the laws of nature". People are genuinely
fooled by that and actually act as though they aren't religious
despite the fact they do yoga and meditation for hours every day,
follow a prescribed diet and even say grace before every meal!
That's not even getting into the weird belief system (and it is
weird, you may just be so used to it you've forgotten how the
rest of the world is - easily done in a closed group). Finding
out that their are some serious control freak issues at the heart
of the TMO comes as a shock to most and drives most people away,
I don't know many without some sort of horror story about bad
management. If they were straight with you from the start would
there be all this trouble?

But help is at hand. I sense you are concerned with the effect
on collective consciousness and that the people currently being
refused dome entry are going to have some sort of negative
impact on world affairs. Regardless of whether the Maharishi
Effect even exists (I think not - but then I always argue
according to evidence and not what I'm told to think) the
greater amount of people doing prog outside the domes will make
up for the fewer people inside the domes. If it's a field effect
(as claimed) then there must be 4000 doing prog and adding their effect (if
any) to the official number. I think Hagelin and the
boys at MUM should take the numbers of ALL people doing the
siddhis in FF and add that to  their calculations. Of course,
they'd then have to explain why it STILL isn't having any effect ;-)