I am just stopping in for a quick visit, after Vaj let me know about this
development.

I note the number of "suck it up" posts.  I wouldn't be surprised if that was
what had been done for years by the disenchanted.  Now the student population
has changed.  Too many students no longer care about meditation.   They come to
MUM primarily for reasons other than TM--foreign students interested in the
computer courses, others interested in the environmental programs. Students
talk, they get a feel of the lay of the land, and then they do a petition.
Students are idealists.  This is the kind of thing they do.   They could have
been kicked out, which would be in accordance with the rules.  But there were
too many of them.  If the survey Rick mentions correctly states the attitudes
of MUM students, unless MUM bends there will be no more university.

I wonder what the current drop out rate is?

There just isn't many new generation true believers in the United States. Look
at who pisses and moans about TM pro and con on the net--a bunch of 50 plus
year olds. Are there any new up and coming researchers or are most of them 60
year old TBs? Who is Orme-Johnson's successor?  I would shed no tears if MUM
went belly up. But MUM trustees may have enough sense to realize that survival
depends on being more secular.

In any event, it will be interesting.

Ruth