> > > Probably within the Dome attending community, if people are
> >

> hearing voices and it is a problem, then they usually get rooted out with/for
> mental disturbance.   Administratively referred to mental health people
> otherwise.
> > >
> > > That's the way you'd see it on the ground here in FF.
> > >
> > > -D
> > >

> >  That of course is the movement, they would have to handle it that way
> > administratively or they'd get haunted by legal reprisal.  So they stay to
> > the `mental health'administrative aspect of a practical necessity.
> >

> However,
> on a practical level amongst a practicing and spiritual meditating community,
> when some folks do get in to astral troubles of too much spiritism,
> there is local folklore advice that runs towards the adept folks.  Some
> places for those afflicted to go for help of a spiritual nature again bad
> spiritism:
>

> http://www.timeportalpubs.com/
>

> http://youdeservetobeclear.com/index.htm

'safety first'  practical home remedy advice does gets e-mailed around the FF
transcendental meditating community like this below.

In addition to the SBS Guru Dev quote and some guiding scriptural reference
further back in this thread, for perspective about folks afflicted with
negative energies or overly afficted spiritists this is one that gets shared,

<paste>

THE TOWER OF LIGHT MEDITATION
 Yes, and we would like to walk you through a meditation called "The Tower of
Light." This is one of the most delicious, and brief, meditations you can do to
charge up your energy in the morning and to put a fully protective shield
around yourself. Are you all willing to learn this? [All assent.] Good, and if
you would, please, stand. Is there anyone here who's not particularly visual?
It's more kinesthetic. [One person affirmed that she's more kinesthetic.] Okay.
It's primarily visual, but you will probably be able to feel even more
interesting things than the others.

Okay. Now please take some big, deep in-breaths as is comfortable for you.
Don't force it. Make the out-breath go all the way out; the in-breath, all the
way in. Let your arms dangle comfortably at your sides. We would like you to
visualize a beautiful, blue light surrounding your body and permeating your
body, so that it's about 9 inches out-in front and behind and all around-and
about 16 inches above your head and about 16 inches below your feet. You'll
find out the reason for this in a moment.

Feeling it is important too. One kind of channeling is also
clairsentience--"clear sensing," and so try to feel that blue light and the
frequency of that. It's not as dark as indigo. It will be your own particular
frequency that you like and that will come to you naturally. Are you all
surrounded by that ellipsoid of blue light? Good.

Now, about 16 inches above your head, within that blue but not touching your
crown, is a beautiful globe of brilliant white light that is like burning
magnesium. Are you able to visualize this there? Now feel showering down out of
that globe of white light (which happens to be your Higher Self) that globe,
showering little specks of that burning magnesium all down into the center of
this ellipsoid. Are some of you feeling that as well as seeing it? Good.

Now, out of that same white, burning-magnesium-type, light, beautiful silvery
sparkles are showering down until they fill with those white snowflake-type
particles the entire inside, so that only a blue outline surrounds that
ellipsoid. Tell us when that is happening for you. That should be feeling
pretty good right now. This is the power of Light. Know that this is
protection. Know that this connects you directly with your Higher Self--and
fills you and rejuvenates you with life force and, again, through a
bi-directional communication with your Higher Self. Enjoy that for another
moment. Then just let that fade from your vision and experience, knowing that
it has not faded in reality.
When you can tear yourself away, please be seated again. Good, and we suggest
you do this in the morning--if you remember: especially in the morning--and, if
you wish, at night right before you go to sleep, surround yourself with this
beautiful, exquisite energy. It's one of the most powerful protections you can
do. [End of meditation.]
AT LIGHTHOUSE BOOKSTORE IN SUPERIOR, CO (4/13/07)