--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , "seekliberation"
<seekliberat...@...> wrote:

> > > As far as TM and moral reasoning goes, I am fully aware that a few
of
> > the heavy hitters within the TMO have slept with other peoples
wives, or
> > at least attempted to.>>
>
> > Very few per capita though. However, Fairfield had the highest
divorce
> > rate in Iowa in the 1990's, but as a friend pointed out, "I wonder
what
> > the domestic violence rate was outside of Fairfield."
> >
> > -- OffWorld
>
> you're correct,  any moral failures among meditators is usually
limited to very mild issues.  Most failures i've seen are usually lack
of responsibility or integrity, which is usually not a catastrophic
problem, IMO.  The worst moral failures i've seen or heard of is
dishonesty in business to the point of it being theft, or perhaps some
sex scandals here and there.  But domestic violence, I assume is very
rare, or violence in general.  But I also think part of the reason for
less moral problems among meditators is also partially due to the 'type'
of person who would be interested in meditation in the first place.
Most people interested in any form of yoga, meditation, or anything
spiritual are likely to already be well beyond any harmful tendencies.
Although TM may have something to do with it, so does the individual
mindset of the individual.>>

Yes, no-one has done a study on it. But there are studies on reduced
violence published in peer-reviewed journals. This could be true of any
practice of course, but we'll never know until it is studied for 10 or
20 years.

> seekliberation
>
> p.s.  I've noticed that you, and perhaps one other person on this
forum are able to alter the font and style of your text on this forum.
Could you explain how to do that?  I haven't been able to find any tabs
that give that option.  I tried copying and pasting from Microsoft word,
but it always goes back to the default text style on here.

I am using Internet Explorer and I go to the FFL website to post...

&l=1
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FairfieldLife/messages/238378?viscount=-3\
0&l=1>

I don't post from the e-mail, just from the site. You need to sign in to
be able to post.

If you hit reply you should see a little button near the top called
"Rich Text Editor". Click on this and you can see the options for bold,
font style, and font color etc. Let me know if you cannot find it. I'm
not sure if it works with Safari or Firefox.

OffWorld