> > > You mean, aside from his formal, on-the-record plea
> > > to be allowed, along with four of his fellow detainees,
> > > to plead guilty to the charges against him?
> > >
> > > http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/09/us/09gitmo.html
> > >
> > Key words here: torture and coercion.
> >
> > Confessions made uner torture are not admissible
> > in U.S. courts.

Judy:
> This plea wasn't made under torture.

KSM and his family got shot at by a drone and then
after he was kidnapped, the CIA abused his wife and
children, denying them food and water for days.

He was locked up, naked, in a secret prison for a
year, and then tortured 183 times, and kept in
isolation for what, seven years, without the benefit
of an attorney or even a Red Cross nurse and THEN he
confessed?

He's probably stark-raving mad by now with huge
delusions of grandeur - he wants to be a martyr for
the cause - nothing he says now could even be
considered to be free-will statements. Almost
everything KSM confessed to was probably just
bragging.

"One CIA official cautioned that "many of Mohammed's
claims during interrogation were 'white noise'
designed to send the U.S. on wild goose chases or
to get him through the day's interrogation session."

Read more:

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_Sheikh_Mohammed

It's too late, the U.S. Government blew it big time
- KSM should have received a prompt military trial
as an enemy combatant and them promptly executed.

What purpose does it serve to give KSM full U.S.
civil rights? It just doesn't make any sense. In
fact, it's a mockery, since the U.S. has not
declared war on anyone.

Al Qaeda wanted a large soap box and now they have
one. This will make the 'Abu Grab' scandal look like
a picnic! If 9-11 was a case of civil crime, then
we should have let Interpol take care of it.

What good does it do to invade Afghanistan, when the
terrorists can set up a 'camp' anywhere? It was
probably all a big mistake - we should vote all the
bums out that got us into this mess! Somebody has
got to pay for this gigantic screw-up!