Republican Scott Brown won the U.S. Senate seat in blue state
Massachusetts yesterday because Democrats did not vote to support
President Obama's weak-kneed, hyper-political, sleight-of-hand agenda,
especially on health care reform. Simple facts tell the story of angry
voters
<http://abcnews.go.com/WN/Politics/president-obama-scott-brown-massachus\
etts-victory/story?id=9611222> , including liberals:
    *  22% of registered MA Democrats
<http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/elec\
tion_2010/election_2010_senate_elections/massachusetts/first_look_at_mas\
sachusetts_election_night_poll_data> voted for Republican Brown, not
Democrat Coakley
    *  In Massachusetts, registered Democrats outnumber registered
Republicans by a whopping 3 to 1. If the other 78% of Democrats had
turned out to vote for Coakley, she would have won handily. But the
indisputable fact is, a huge portion of MA Democrats stayed home from
the polls.
    *  82% of Democrats
<http://act.boldprogressives.org/cms/sign/mapollresults> who voted for
Brown firmly support a public plan option as part of health care reform.
86% of Democrats
<http://act.boldprogressives.org/cms/sign/mapollresults> who didn't vote
in the MA Senate race firmly support a public plan option. Obama, of
course, nuked a public plan option despite his innumerable public
speeches to the contrary
<http://usliberals.about.com/b/2010/01/18/coakley-loss-could-improve-cha\
nces-for-single-payer-option.htm> .
    *  52% of Democrats
<http://act.boldprogressives.org/cms/sign/mapollresults> who voted for
Brown believe that "When Democrats took power, they didn't change much
about how Washington works."

Several weeks ago, I warned President Obama
<http://usliberals.about.com/b/2010/01/08/narrowing-ma-senate-race-shows\
-damage-to-democratic-brand.htm> and his insider pals he's installed at
the DNC that:

    *  continually letting down liberals,
    *  continually going back on the campaign promises that catapulted
Obama to the White House, and
    *  continually kowtowing to and compromising with the conservative
minority in vain hopes of garnering their support...

... is most assuredly not a formula for Democratic success. It is a
formula for Democratic weakness that guarantees failure and loss
<http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100014240527487038370045750132217084781\
34.html> .

Are you listening yet, Mr. President? Did the wallop delivered to your
"bipartisan" agenda yesterday by MA Democrats finally get your
attention?

If not, absorb these remarkable, piercing observations today from the
college newspaper of one of the supposed bastions of youthful liberal
elitism, Yale University
<http://www.yaledailynews.com/opinion/the-news-views/2010/01/20/news-vie\
w-what-scott-brown-can-teach-us/> :
"Obama was a politician who inspired us to volunteer and make phone
calls and even vote. He galvanized our generation into action with a
call for activism and hope. But, like Obama's promise of change, these
feelings have not survived the long year behind us.
"Our optimism has reverted back to cynicism as we have seen the same
politicking and brokering in Washington under Obama's leadership that we
saw under President Bush and President Clinton...

"After all, our country has a stagnant economy and is fighting two wars
in the Middle East. We have a health care system that allows malpractice
lawyers to profit while doctors suffer. Our intelligence system simply
does not work...

"... the message Brown sends is one that may change business in
Washington more than Obama's election did last year. What voters in
Massachusetts told Congress and Obama yesterday is that they and we are
fed up. We're tired of Nebraska getting special deals and health care
reform that does not address some of the most important problems with
health care.

"We're tired of change that never comes... Here's hoping Brown's win
will make our country focus a little more on true change."

Listening now, Mr. President? As is, you've even lost the highly prized
Democratic youth vote which is requisite to Democratic electoral
success.

UPDATE - Read He Wasn't The One We've Been Waiting For
<http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/20/he-wasnt-the-one-weve-been-\
waiting-for/?src=twt&twt=NytimesKrugman>  by New York Times columnist
and Nobel Laureate economist Paul Krugman
<http://usliberals.about.com/od/peopleinthenews/p/Krugman.htm> late
today, in which he concludes, "I'm pretty close to giving up on Mr.
Obama, who seems determined to confirm every doubt I and others ever had
about whether he was ready to fight for what his supporters believed
in."

http://snipurl.com/u54lf

http://usliberals.about.com/b/2010/01/20/obama-loses-liberals-in-ma-sena\
te-race-for-good-reason.htm>