> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:
> > > Aha, so artistically you don't think David Lynch
> > > measure up ?
> >
> > I loved his earlier stuff, not his TV show or his
> > later movies.  But he is a visual genius and
> > original artist, and has contributed a lot to
> > modern movie making IMO.  Again the same movement
> > which removed "bad" news so they could read only
> > Age Of Enlightenment news is using this guy while
> > ignoring his actual artistic achievements.
>
> Oh, my. Did you fall for Barry's recent lies, Curtis?

This has nothing to do with Barry Judy. Nothing.

> (Yes, lies, statements knowingly contrary to fact,
> not opinions.)
>
> Or have you never looked at the Global Good News site,
> the current equivalent of Age of Enlightenment News?

I don't believe I have.  Are they now cool with deviant sexual behavior these
days?  Otherwise I think they still might me not into David Lynch's artistic
work.  I don't even blame the movement for using guys like him, I just find
them to be strange bedfellows. Same for Howard although I am a little pissed
that he never turns his deflating wit on Maharishi like he does the Pope or
other self proclaimed special people.  I think it is a flaw in his game. His
interview with Maharishis was pathetic to me and a waste of his talents.

> (Also surprised you didn't like Twin Peaks. How much of
> it did you watch?)

I lost the plot and stopped caring about the characters pretty quickly.
Perhaps I should give it another chance on DVD.  His ability to create subtle
weirdness in a scene like using a flickering florescent light is really
brilliant.  I think he sometimes gets carried away with the cleverness of these
techniques at the expense of the coherence of the storyline.  But Blue Velvet
was one of the best films I have ever seen.  I just saw it again recently and
was amazed at his skill.