--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "WillyTex" <willy...@...> wrote:

> All actions, Hugo, have an effect. In some cases,
> after observation, it seems obvious what the
> reaction will be. That's how we discovered the
> laws of physics.

You think yagyas are part of the laws of physics?
Praying to vishnu will alter the outcome of my life?

We must let CERN know immediately!

> But, it seems to me that thoughts are actions
> too, at a much subtler level, but in most cases,
> we don't know what the reaction to thoughts is
> going to be. We think, but where do the thoughts
> go and where did they come from?

This is the problem. The TMO claim to know what
the effect of the yagyas are going to be and
charge a fortune for them accordingly. They claim
to have a level of knowledge of cause and effect
that goes some way beyond everyone elses.

> I'm surprised you don't understand the power of
> positive thinking. Apparently you don't think
> that thoughts are the constituents of the
> mechanics of consciousness.
>
> But, if thoughts are not part of the physical
> world, then what are they a part of? That's the
> question, and it's has nothing to do with ethics,
> religious or otherwise.

Selling prayers that don't work for large sums
and using quantum physics as justification
sounds like an pretty ethical problem to me.