> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > You mean like Rick did with Maharishi? (Maharishi who is
obviously
> > beloved by his friend). A friend does not go around saying "your
> > wife is a slut and a whore" for example, especially with zero
> > evidence.
>
> Did you read the same article I did?  >>>

Ever heard of 'analogy'?

> article.  And did you miss this part:
>
> "Archer -- who says he had good experiences with Maharishi
> and doesn't wish the movement any ill -- doesn't question
> M.U.M.'s right to decide who can and can't meditate in the
> domes."
>
> And this one?  "I feel they lose the respect of a lot of
> people," said Archer, "and they also box themselves in
> and run the risk, which I think has been to a great degree
> realized, of becoming very cult-like."  That's all Rick said about
Maharishi in the article. All.

No , the article, which was based on his kind of thinking and I
believe possible even instigated by him , or the reporter knew him
and thought it was time for a story like that. Which is fine by me.
I was talking about his friend whom the article insulted because as
far as I remember the article went on to say that Amma is a
philanthropist and Maharishi is a money grabber. Where did the
reporter get this thining? This is an insult based on small
thinking, poor logic, and unsubstantiated rumor.

As I pointed out in previous post Maharishi has spent 40 years in
the endeavor of education millions of people. Thousands, possibly
tens of thousands (at least that is Maharishi's goal) will attend
schools and universities created by Maharishi. (they are also fed
there). Education is the only way to help people...not handouts and
hugs.

So the article of which Rick is probably the partial inspirer of,
even if he may not know it (the reporter has probbaly been a reader
of FFL for a long time, and no doubt Rick has been in correspondence
with him/her or an associate of hers).

If someone creates a free education for people, (like in India and
other places), or even somewhat free, then when someone calls them a
money grabber, it is kind of absurd. And it is based on
irrationality and prejudice.

If this is entirely the reporters own inspiration fair
enough....sorry Rick...but my only point Turquoise was that his
friend might be insulted if he calls his wife (someone beloved) a
money grabbing control freak, and his friend is obviously fond of
Maharishi as a guru beloved by him/her

> The only other times he's quoted he's talking about Amma.
> What he said of a factual nature was the truth, and what
> he said in the last section quoted above was opinion,
> and was clearly labeled as such.  By comparison, the two
> TMO representatives quoted were compelled to lie.
>
> Could you please point out to me in the above quotes
> exactly where Rick spoke ill of Maharishi?  Can you steer
> me to the section where he suggested anything remotely
> like "your wife is a slut and a whore?"
>
> You're running Cultthink, release 1.0, dude.  It's old
> software, hideously outdated, and the software didn't
> work for shit when it was new.  You're seeing things
> that aren't there.  >>

No, you are unable to see the mechanisms that go towards this
article . It is your inability.
I am only talking about how his friend might feel. I don't tell my
friend who loves Jesus that Jesus was fraud and a fake, because it
probably won't help them.

> As I said earlier about Rick's friend, I think that
> if you examine the article, and what was actually said,
> what you are pissed off about is that Rick committed
> the horrible sin of telling the truth, and in public.

I am not pissed off . You lack depth of discernment, and assume I am
pissed off. Your prejudice shows by this, because I was only talking
about how I understand how his friend might feel. I don't give
flying @%#$ if Rick published a paper on how Maharishi has 100 Rolls
Royces and 1000 dancing girls. I really don't care. I was talking
about his friend's reaction, and how he might feel that way. Not the
way I feel, but your prejudice shows, by the fact you thought I am
the one pissed off about the article. I don't care about. It is just
an article.

off world