> wrote:

> > > Interestingly, the donors were all TMers.
> >
> > Very interesting indeed.  Can anyone else guess why that was?
>
> Yup. I'm sure many of the TM critics gave money for
> Haiti relief as well; they just didn't want it to look as
> though they might have been inspired to do so by TMers.

Nope, but nice swipe at the non TMers. For some of us donating to the cause had
nothing to do with this agenda of proving something about TM or non TM.  It was
not a wedge issue that needed to be used to prove something else.

> They should have started a TM Critics' Drive. Then we
> could have had a competition and probably raised even
> more...

If our world revolved around being anti-TM.  The issues of giving are not
associated with my views on TM although you have chosen to link them.  We can
conclude nothing about non TM people from their lack of participation in the
FFL drive.  Being individuals I suspect there were many reasons.

> My point, of course--which Curtis attempts to distract
> attention from while nastily insinuating lowly motives--

Lowly motives you ascribe to the non TMers.  You are linking the concepts here
Judy you don't get to shove your own connection on me for challenging it.  I
just asked why that was and true to form you assumed the worst about non TMers
turning this into a wedge issue.  You even suggest that it becomes a contest
showing that for you this proved a point about TM people.  One that is bogus as
I have pointed out.

> is that householder TMers don't just sit back and assume
> their practice is all they need to contribute to the
> general welfare. Like most other decent human beings,
> they're moved to do whatever they can to help others in
> material ways as well.

I couldn't agree more in your case.  The fact that the movement believers tend
to think their inner magic cures social problems is too documented to debate.
It is part of the doctrine of beliefs.

I'm glad you got to donate and feel good about it.  You didn't need to make the
statement about non TMers and you certainly didn't need to accuse me of
nastiness for calling you out on it.