-- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jst...@...> wrote:

> wrote:
> >
> >  > > >

> > > That is not what I said was "interesting." You made
> > > that up.
> >
> > OK so you are saying that saying it was interesting that
> > it was ONLY TM people who gave is not a statement at all
> > about non TM people not giving.
>
> *You* said "ONLY." I said "all."

This is not a reasonable distinction.

 One more time: My point
> was that contrary to Barry's sliming, TMers are happy to
> do what they can to help out.

OK I get it.  You didn't mean it as a slight to non TMers.

> > You don't see those two things as connected.
>
> If what you're after is emphasizing the "flip side,"
> as you go on to put it, sure. That wasn't what I
> was after.

I live on the flip side so of course that is what interested me.

>   Perhaps you mean that what was
> > interesting about it was that the TM people who had been
> > demonized as non givers came through?
>
> My point was more general, but that did happen to be
> the case.

Finally, some agreement.  OK, so you didn't mean it the way I took it.  That is
what follow-up posts are for.

> <snip>
> > Feeling sorry for people is not the reason people give?
> > You asked me why I thought TM people gave.
>
> Because you had asked *me* that, and while it was clear
> you had something in mind, it wasn't clear what.
>
> Obviously you didn't ask why TMers gave because what you
> had in mind was that they felt sorry for the poor Haitians.

If that was not a part of it they are not human.  It was not a bad guess.  I
assumed they give a shit.  Remember my view of TMers is that they are just
ordinary people.

> Your response didn't make sense in terms of the question
> I was asking, and you know it.
>
> <snip>
> > > That was *my* point. It didn't make any sense to say
> > > "I'm glad you got to donate" as if I might *not* have
> > > gotten to donate. If you miswrote, fine, just say so.
> >
> > It makes perfect sense and I didn't miswrite anything.
> > It was a turn of phrase
>
> Which didn't make sense.

We are not getting anywhere here.  It sure makes sense to me that TM people
might care about Haitians.

> <snip>
> > > Curtis. See if you can give a straight answer. Why did
> > > you ask why it was that TMers donated to the fund?
> >
> > Do you mean originally what I asked?
> >
> > "Very interesting indeed. Can anyone else guess why
> > that was?"
> >
> > Because its flip side of your "interesting" point was
> > that non TMers had not contributed to this specific fund.
>
> That was *your* flip side, not one I was pointing to.

OK but I felt like making sure my own point got made.  I'm pretty sure that is
how it works here.  I didn't accuse you of anything I asked you a question.
Then you demonstrated why non TM people might not want to get involved in your
agenda with Barry.  And I don't give a shit who started it because there is no
real start.

> > I am a non TMer so I didn't want it to look like we are
> > charity deadbeats.
>
> As I immediately confirmed before you'd said anything
> to that effect.
>
> > You say that was not your point, but it was only the TM
> > side of the equation that was interesting?
>
> Right.
>
> > OK.  So now we both made the points interesting to us.
>
> Except that yours had nothing to do with mine.

Yeah that's because I don't live in your head, I am outside here in another
body with another perspective.

> > You made the point that the TMers on this board gave
> > to Haiti exclusively, although the reason I gave that
> > you felt sorry for the people makes no sense to you.
>
> Disingenuous. It made no sense in context. See above.
>
> > I made the point that non TMers here might have other
> > channels to give that didn't involve you.
>
> No, *I* made that point. In response to your original
> question, I said I was sure many non-TMers had donated
> on their own hook, remember?
>
> We all had "other channels to give," of course. But
> since you raised the issue of non-TMers not donating to
> the FFL fund, the question arises as to why they didn't
> join in, why there wasn't group solidarity in helping
> Haiti. As I pointed out, none of those who donated
> waved the TM flag; we were waving the *FFL* flag. You'd
> think that would be one issue we could come together on,
> wouldn't you? Let's make FFL's contribution as big as
> possible.
>
> Even if all the non-TMers had already given through
> other channels, you'd think they could make at least a
> token contribution to the FFL effort to jack up the total.
> (Of course, if anyone really couldn't afford it, no
> problem. But many here certainly could.)

Your judgments are your own.  I don't share them.  Jacking up totals may not
have been on people's minds, it wasn't on mine.

> I think it was because they didn't want to participate
> in a TMer-initiated effort.
>
> > I'm gunna skip the usual name calling section with all
> > the Barry is bad too parts.
>
> Of course you are. Hypocrite.

Well I guess if that is where your TM practice has evolved you to I'll have to
leave it at that.