On Mar 23, 2010, at 10:50 AM, Rick Archer wrote:

> I have been paying for health insurance for years. Over $400/month for my
> wife and me. We have a ridiculously high deductible, and we hardly ever get
> medical care anyway, so it's really just "house insurance". I agree with
> Bhairtu - insurance executives belong in jail as they are murderers, and
> private insurance companies should be shut down.

Rick, how come you've never checked out the AARP's
insurance? (Or maybe you have)  Very reasonable rates,
to put it mildly.  I pay $46/month with the highest deductible,
there are all sorts of other plans with lower ones, of course.  But
nothing like what you're paying--and if you're just using it
as god-forbid ins anyway, it makes sense to have a high
deductible.   Really the only reason I even have it (the kids
are on another plan) is because I feel you get treated better
when you go to a doctor that doesn't know you.
Sal